Monday 8 July 2013

Science Fair 2013

This term, I have been researching, experimenting, and printing. This is because of the science fair. The topic for my science fair I chose was Does colour affect taste? I did an experiment using room 1 students. I got three lemonade bottles and coloured 1 red and 1 green. I then took 20 students (4 at a time) and poured them each a shot glass of the clear, red and green drink. I then got them to write down what they thought the drink tasted like. My hypothesis was that the colour of the drink would make them believe it was a different flavour drink. My hypothesis was right because only 3 students got all of the drinks right. Last Friday, we presented our science fair boards to the parents at our Science Curriculum Update. It was good fun and I got a lot of awesome comments. Thanks to all the parents who came along.

2 comments:

  1. taylor your science fair project was amazing I really enjoyed learning about how a drop of food coloring can change the taste in your mind
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete