Thursday 9 May 2013

My Pencil Portrait.


We have been learning to use dark to light shading to make our faces stand out.

Early last term, room 7 created their own pencil portraits. Mr Marquand took a photo of us, then we had to cut it in half. After this, we glued on a piece of white paper, and using a ruler to make our face symmetrical, we sketched the other side of our face. We added shading, to make it look more relastic. I found it hard doing the nose, getting the right shape, in the right places was difficult. I would like to get better at eyebrows, getting the right thickness, lenth and shape. I am proud of the over-all look. I liked how I did the shading in my cheeks, but maybe next time not make them as defined. I enjoyed doing my eyes, they were fun to do.



7 comments:

  1. My eyes were, i think, the easiest, and my nose the hardest. What do you think are the easiest and hardest? Why? Post a comment and write your opinion. Thanks!

    Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tay that looks pretty cool. I would imagine the whole thing would have been quite tricky! But it seems like you have nailed it! Awesome :) - Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tay, good job with the shading. You're one very talented girl! Serah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tay that looks amazing I think you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I think yours is a great job done too!
      :) Taylor

      Delete
  5. Taylor, I really like the shading technique and think the results is amazing! Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Everyone for your awesome comments. It was tricky, especially the nose, but I am really proud. After the shading was finished my portrait looked so much better and even more realastic.

    Thanks again!

    Taylor :) LOL

    ReplyDelete